Freelancing from a third world country point of view

Nowadays, our online presence is growing exponentially. With hours spent facing a screen whether itis on your computer or smartphone, it starts to get mundane specially now that the world is facing a pandemic. The covid-19 pandemic forced us to stay locked at home and caused some of us to lose their source of income. I was one of those people. I kept on searching for new opportunities but it was in vain. 
Coming from a third world country, there have always been restriction on making transactions abroad. In fact, PayPal does not allow receiving money in my country. That is why I have been always hesitant about looking for freelance opportunities online, until I stumbled upon a financial solution which was the payoneer website. In fact, Payoneer’s cross-border payments platform empowers businesses, online sellers and freelancers to pay and get paid globally as easily as they do locally. The signing up and use of the site or the app is intuitive and easy. Once you're verified, you're ready to embark upon your freelance journey. 
Once you ensured your payment method, you can start looking for opportunities. And honestly, there are plenty of opportunities for the grab if you applied yourself and figured out what do you want to focus. 
You can start off easy with any of the following domains:
  • Translation: you can look up translation opportunities on different websites such as: upworkfivver 
  • Print On Demand (POD): you can upload designs that will go on clothing items, stickers, masks, etc. on sites such as RedbubbleTeepublicTeespsring etc.
  • Blogging: which I recently decided to try out, obviously using Blogger .
  • Starting a YouTube channel: I saw some videos describing how you can generate an income without having to shoot videos of yourself simply by editing and creating generic content.
Once you get the hang of things, you will be able to generate a decent income, specially if you focus on the domains that will be able to provide a passive income (POD).
That being said, if you have a technical background, you can unlock a huge amount of opportunities on upwork and fivver regarding: web development, data science, PCB designing, embedded programming.

As for me, I am still struggling a bit to find my place in this world and I am trying to improve my skills in different domains in order to cease more chances. However, I will try to keep you updated on my journey.

Finally, I am going to end this article with a cliché which is to follow what you love doing because that will guarantee that you'll sure achieve greatness.





Comments